Registration Is Now Open!
Join the cosplay crowd and dress up as your own favorite superhero, pop culture icon or anime character. Or take cosplayer photos and enjoy the incredible costumes around you!
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Time: 5:00 PM Location: Speaker Rooms 1 & 2 (combined)
Special Guest Judges for 2018: Nicole Marie Jean
Scott Crawford and his awesome crew from Alienated Productions return to MCCC & help coordinate the Cosplay Competition.
$2,000 in Cash Prizes, Free Admission to the 2019 Motor City Comic Con, & Much Much More!
Online Registration Only
Register online and pay the registration fee. There are 150 spots available and they are first come first serve, so make sure register quick! Check-in is located at the Alienated Booth (#836/838) on Saturday from open until 2:00 PM. There will be an opportunity to sign up on the alternate list in case of last minute cancellations at the Alienated Booth as well. You can cancel up to 24 hours before the contest. No call-no shows will not be allowed to compete in future cosplay events. The contest will start promptly at 5:00 PM (Speaker Rooms 1 & 2 Combined) accepted contestants are asked to arrive at the staging area outside the designated contest room between 4:15 PM – 4:30 PM.
There is a $10.00 fee/person to sweeten the pot. We will have 4 categories this year (Best Individual, Best Craftsmanship, Best Presentation & Best Group) each with a grand prize and weekend passes to next years show. Please note the $10.00 registration fee applies to all participants including each member of a group.
General Guidelines & Rules:
- Contest is open to ages 13+
- Registration Fee: $10.00 per person due at check-in for every individual. Registration is non-refundable.
- Payment information will be provided in a confirmation email after registration.
- Each contestant may only enter one costume into the competition.
- Categories are: INDIVIDUAL or GROUP. Contestants will be judged on a variety of criteria, including originality, craftsmanship, design and performance.
- $700.00 guaranteed first prize for Individual and Group category with $300.00 guaranteed prize for Best Craftsmanship and Best Presentation. The total may increase depending on the number of contestants. Grand prizes also include weekend passes to the 2018 show and additional prizes.
- All rules and guidelines set by the convention still apply during the contest.
- No nudity. This is a family event. Costumes depicting anything not suitable for a general audience are not allowed to enter the contest. Skintight bodysuits ARE allowed, however, they should be in good taste.
- No profanity allowed on stage. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates will be disqualified from the competition.
- No political or religious statement during the catwalk. Anyone who violates this will be disqualified from the competition.
- No pyrotechnics, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- All prop weapons must conform to the Motor City Comic Con weapons policy which is as follows:
- All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Live steel weapons can only be drawn or unsheathed for the stage performance or for photos taken in the designated areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons.
- Presentations on the stage should be limited to no longer than 1 minute for individuals and 2 minutes for groups. If more time is needed, see Alienated Production booth #836/838 before 2:00 PM on Saturday for scheduling.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!
- Questions? Please email email@example.com